2019 W+GRA Seed Funding: Call for Proposals
The Women + Girls Research Alliance (W+GRA) is a non‐partisan, community‐focused research program of the University of North Carolina. W+GRA conducts and disseminates research on the social and economic status of women and girls in the Charlotte‐Mecklenburg region. W+GRA research is used to promote public dialogue, inform public policy and programmatic priorities, focusing on the following key areas:
- Education, employment and economic change
- Civic and political engagement
- Poverty and income security
- Health and safety
- Work and family
From time to time, W+GRA makes available seed funding to support new or on‐going research efforts of our academic and community partners whose goals align with our programmatic priorities. Beginning February 5, 2019, through February 28, 2019, W+GRA will make available a mini‐grant to support UNC Charlotte‐based projects that fall within the following criteria:
- Support an ongoing research project or a new research project
- Presentations, workshops, training or programs that address the health and well‐being of women and girls.
An expectation of funding recipients is that the grantee(s) will participate in dissemination activities, including, but not limited to, a podium presentation or poster session at an upcoming W+GRA research-focused event.
1. Project Title
2. Applicant Name(s) and Email(s)
3. Department and/or College
4. Project Description with the following:
- An Introduction that is clearly written and understandable to a person outside the applicant’s discipline. The ad hoc review committees will be constituted along broad disciplinary lines, and you cannot assume that someone from your exact discipline or sub‐discipline will be on the committee.
- The Significance of the project. Because the committee members come from many disciplines, they must be able to understand the context in which your research is situated. You should explain how your project relates to current developments in your field and/or how the project builds on previous work you have done.
- The Objectives of the proposed activity.
- The Methods or Steps to achieve the objectives (including design, sample, measures, procedures)
- The Project Description is restricted to four pages. Pages should have 1” margins and use 12‐pt. type and double space
5. Project Budget
- Funding requests shall be for $1,000.00‐$5,000.00.
- Proposals will be responsible for providing a UNC Charlotte state fund to receive the award or have a UNCC sponsor department/program.
- Funds must be expended by the end of the 2019 Fiscal Year (deadline: June 30, 2019).
- Funds cannot be used for food/beverage/discretionary purchases.
- Provide a brief budget with a budget narrative of the expenditures for the project.